MeezieGirl

my excuse to talk about knitting, cats and life in general

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Life Goes On

I think it's all beginning to sink in, the diagnosis and all. I'm feeling a bit low. I had a dream last night about cats, can't remember details, but I woke up and I realized that, if the 20 year prognosis is accurate, I won't have as much time as I had expected to be around cats. There are cats I won't be able to rescue.

I wish I had a firm diagnosis. I have an appointment Friday with the oncologist/hematologist and there should be more test results - the CT scan, the urine test, the re-do of the bone marrow pathology. Maybe something clearer will come out of it all. Sabetta and Kent will be with me, and I know Sabetta is primed with detailed questions. I hope the doctor can deal with it.

On the positive side of life, my back yard is being transformed from the leftovers of a construction site to a real yard. I have been hoping and dreaming of this. Now, my neighbor's oldest son (he's 21) is working miracles. He's quick, energetic, has a sense of design and works like fury. I'm soooo lucky!! There will be a patio, a lawn, flower beds, steps. You should have seen what it looked like before! Of course, I forgot to take "before" pictures. Rats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home