MeezieGirl

my excuse to talk about knitting, cats and life in general

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Waiting, part 1

6-09-06
It looks like I'm scheduled for a CT scan of chest, abdomen and pelvis. This will happen on Monday, and it will be at the office of the radiologist that my neurologist recommended. He also did all of the other imaging in this adventure: the MRI, skeletal survey, etc. So I feel that I'll be in good medical hands.

Of course, all of your good thoughts, prayers, good energy and all will be with me, too, and that will mean I'll be in doubly good hands.

My daughter is going into internet research at a high rate, and that means a HIGH rate, since she knits at the speed of light. As a note, I bought a number of Bohus knitting kits from Solveig Gustafsson in Sweden. One of the kits was for a hat and scarf in the Blue Shimmer pattern. She had done no colorwork before and she finished the hat in just about a week, on Addi 0s. Gulp.

Anyway, I think it's her way of doing something to help from 3000 miles away. And it must help her cope. Each night she'll tell me all about her findings. She's a senior in physice at U. Penn in Philadelphia, and when she puts her mind to something, it happens. She's a real force of nature.

I hate to admit it, but I don't have the energy (not physical, but emotional and psychological) to do it myself. I'm very grateful to her for doing it. I'd like to be able to read these websites and other documents she's found. I'll let my husband do that. They talk for hours, it seems, on all sorts of things to look into. I'm happy that I have such a good research team. He's got a PhD in organic chemistry from MIT. Boy, am I glad I married a smart guy!!

I have 2 live-in therapists, Sapphire and Chessie, our 2 Siamese. They are usually close by, but on the day I got the diagnosis, Sapphire stayed on my lap or chest all day, and Chessie was also close. That means they gave up their naps in the chair, in the kitty cave, in the sunny windows, etc, just to keep me company. You can't convince me that they didn't know exactly what was happening. Animals can tell. They have so much divine love for us. Thank God for pets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home