MeezieGirl

my excuse to talk about knitting, cats and life in general

Friday, January 27, 2006

Bohus, Wherefore Art Thou ...

I got another email from Anita at the Bohus Museum. She told me how to find photos of the various hats for which they have kits. It's in the Swedish language section. And all the patterns for hats and mittens are only in Swedish. Now THAT really adds to the challenge for the Knitting Olympics. I figure that they all come with charts, since the original Bohus sweaters, etc., were knit from charts. So, I'm OK. Wait, the colors will be in Swedish. That handy-dandy knitting translator book should help, if they do basic things like the names of colors. Hmmm. Wait again, what about cast-ons, when to increase/decrease, all those fussy little details that make knitting patterns actually work. Rats, I may be in over my head.

Then I got a post from Ullis, telling me about an online Swedish knitting dictionary and actually offering to help with translations! Yahoo! Ullis, my eternal thanks. May moths never find your stash, and may your knitting needles be blessed for a thousand years.

I'll knit the Bohus kits (yes, plural; remember the hat kit?) whether they come in time for the Olympics or not. The idea of recreating one of those amazing patterns just makes my heart beat faster. I wonder if it's from excitement or anxiety.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for your comment on my diagonal scarf, I'm not familiar with the cartridge rib, but if you have any question about it, just ASK!!! Here's a link for another pictures of the beautifull Bohus knitting: http://oneofsusannas.com/bohusclass.htm Happy knitting and keep on writing on your blog, its funny! Ajoursteek

11:06 AM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

did you get the kit? pictures??

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home